The magic in our lives is manifest by the stories we tell about the memories we have experienced, the people we have met, and the places that have stolen a piece of our hearts. One of the best ways I know to create lasting memories is to savor the specifics with enthusiasm and curiosity … and … to dedicate some special space to honor the stories tucked into our souls.
And so, when our youngest daughter returned home after spending a few months in Australia, I created a list of questions to ask her on the long car ride home from the airport. I hoped we might get a deeper felt sense of the magic tucked into all her experiences. Her responses inspired lots of smiles and some rich conversation!
And now, where ever our journeys take us … I like to use a liberal smattering of these questions to help us enrich our experience by sparking the marvelous stories in our recollections! It’s really interesting to notice where our reflections and perceptions are similar and/or different!
What was …
1. Your most inspiring moment?
2. Your most hours awake in a row?
3. Your best buy?
4. Your most overpriced purchase?
5. Your best accommodation?
6. Your worst accommodation?
7. Your favorite entertainment?
8. Your most breathtaking view?
9. Your scariest moment?
10. Your best taste experience?
11. Your worst taste experience?
12. Your best moment in general?
13. Your worst moment in general?
14. Something that exceeded expectations?
15. Your biggest laugh?
16. Your worst sleep?
17. Something you would do again in a heartbeat?
18. Something that was most over-rated?
19. Your favorite time of day?
20. The nicest person you met?
21. The nastiest person you encountered?
22. Your laziest moment?
23. Your biggest regret for doing?
24. Your biggest regret for not doing?
25. Your best choice?
26. Your worst choice?
27. Your greatest hardship?
28. Your favorite place?
29. Your most relaxing moment?
30. Your most stressful memory?
31. Your biggest disappointment?
32. Your grumpiest day?
33. Your best weather?
34. Your worst weather?
35. The most beautiful wildlife?
36. The best sunset?
37. The best sunrise?
38. The most tear worthy moment?
39. The most heart stretching moment?
40. The place you most hated to leave?
41. The place that is worth another trip?
42. Your biggest aggravation?
43. Your biggest “duh” moment?
44. Your biggest “aha” moment?
45. Your greatest Lesson?
46. Your bravest moment?
47. Your best surprise?
48. The moment/experience that will stay in your heart forever?
49. The moment/experience that you wish you could have shared?
50. Something that really nourished your internal flame?
May your journeys take you to miraculous places … in both your life and your heart!!
With deepest reverence for all the stories stirring within us, Karen